Garden Wisdom

"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature.."  -Alfred Austin

 

 

About Me

Jeff, Gardener in Chief

Contrary to popular opinion, some people in the Hamptons enjoy getting their hands dirty. I'm a self-taught gardener in East Hampton, NY that enjoys sharing my gardening experiences and inspiration with others. Hope you enjoy my blog and galleries.

Read more about me and my garden here.

 

Follow Me By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

What I'm Reading Now

A wonderfully lush garden with year-round interest.

bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

 

 

Blog Index
The journal that this archive was targeting has been deleted. Please update your configuration.
Navigation
« A Colorful Composition | Main | Floral Fortuity »
Saturday
Mar082014

Articulture at the 2014 Philly Flower Show

Back from the Philadelphia Flower Show.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, the theme this year was Articulture, where art meets horticulture.  

The show was as crowded as ever.  Interest in gardening must be a common denominator.  Attendees ranged from the very young in strollers to the very old on walkers.  People from the wealthy 1% and the rest of us 99%.  There were master gardeners touting their gardening feats and novices proclaiming their latest kill.  I got to examine this melting pot as I waited in line to view of one of my favorite annual exhibitions- the window display contest.  

This years contestants were inspired by the arts and their displays were all quite inventive.  I thought I'd share these window arrangements today, but I'll be back soon with more highlights from the flower show.

 Never know who you'll run into at the art supply store.

 Mixed media?

 Living tributes at this art museum 

 

I wouldn't forget to water a plant that screamed at me.

 

Like a lot of modern art, this needs some explanation. Please.


Hair by Herbal Essences

 

An iconic farmer promotes seed sales.

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>